Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Exercising With Weights Increase Weight Loss

weight loss is a goal that everyone sets but very few actually reach. The reason why so many people fail when it comes to weight loss is because of their plan or in this case a lack thereof.

Exercise is a key contributor to losing weight and when combined with a healthy nutrition plan will help accelerate your weight loss that much more. If you plan correctly, and when I say plan, map out your exercise routine, you will greatly increase your chances of losing weight.

When putting together your exercise and fitness plan first you must take into account the amount of time you have available to get through your entire workout. For example, if all you have is 45 minutes on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays then it will be those days and in that amount of time you will exercise.

Now that you know how much time you have to work with and the days you will be working out, then develop the actual exercise routine. I recommend that you hit every muscle part in a single session performing one exercise for each muscle group. Your muscle groups are chest, triceps, back, biceps, legs, shoulders and abs. So now that you know the groups then you already know that you will be performing only 7 exercises. That's it! You can fit 7 exercises within your 45 minutes right? Of course you can.

You should start with only 1 set of about 8 to 12 reps for each muscle group with the exercises that you have chosen. For example I like to do dumbbell bicep curls for my biceps. I curl 35 pounds in each arm and do 1 set of 12 reps. I will slowly add on another set and lower the reps as my strength increases. In other words I will do 2 sets of 8 reps to help increase my strength in this exercise. I will follow this plan for all of my exercises in my routine slowly making increments to my reps, sets or weight as I become more strengthened.

Once you have all of your exercises picked out, write it down in a journal so you can track your progress. Studies have shown that those individuals who write down their routines and what they have completed have a greater chance at success then those who do not. Write it down and follow what you are doing so you can monitor your progress.

Exercising is a great way to lose weight and putting the right plan in motion will make it easier. Just remember to get a complete physical from your family physician prior to starting any type of exercise program.

By: Bruce A Tucker