By Smith Roy
Weight gain is a nightmare which most of us experience every once in a while. The problem is that no matter what you do, it will not go away. It is a common illusion that the answer to weight gain is dieting. In the short-run it can be very effective, but as soon as you stop dieting, you gain the weight back almost instantly. The million dollar question is what to do?
Alternatives to dieting
Dieting is often not very effective. Most of us think that by only eating less we can achieve weight loss. However, medical science has proven that this is not always the case. When you start dieting and change your eating habits, or start eating less than the normal amount your body requires, you are in fact forcing your metabolism to work at a much higher rate. This higher metabolism rate means that you will gain even more weight once you go off your weight loss program.
Now you must be wondering, "If not dieting, then what?" Here are some tips that can help you in losing weight the natural way and without putting yourself through the torture of dieting:
1. One of the biggest reasons for weight gain is what you eat. We often like to eat such foods as hamburgers and pizzas, and to drink Coke or Pepsi. We don't realize that these foods are among the main contributors to our weight problems. What can one do, as giving up on them is almost impossible? The answer is simple: replace the unhealthy and fatty items with more nutritious and healthy items. For example, you can replace the bun on the hamburger with a whole- wheat bun, or the pasta in spaghetti with whole-wheat pasta, and so on. These minor changes will definitely result in much healthier and low-fat foods for you.
2. We do not give much importance to exercise, but the truth is that there is no better option than exercising to fight weight gain. Regular exercise helps not only in maintaining our weight but also in getting rid of any excess fat. This way, we can keep ourselves healthy and in good shape.
3. Regular exercise does not simply mean a lot of sweating once in a while. Exercise helps in burning excess fat to keep us fit. We must be cautious about our calorie intake and find time to burn our calories in some way or another. Many things like going for a long walk, swimming, cycling, and even many household chores can be included as exercise. Without going overboard, we can make any of these things part of our daily lives and should regularly spare time for them.
4. We often come across commercials and advertisements that show supplements, pills, and other such products for achieving weight loss, but the truth of the matter is that these methods have numerous side effects.
5. Losing weight and achieving an ideal, celebrity-like figure is something that we all wish to have. If you can control your eating habits, indulge in some kind of exercise, and avoid all of those things that help you to gain weight, then you can achieve this without a doubt.
Natural weight loss might be a slow process, but it is much more effective then dieting or other rapid weight loss alternatives. These have many side effects, while more natural ways of losing weight do not have any and can last for the rest of your life.
Smith is an expert author who carries excellent knowledge on various weight loss programs and herbal weight loss. He also writes about quit smoking and guides people on many important facts on health and well being. To know more about his articles and expertise, read excellent articles on http://www.health-niche.com