Sunday, July 6, 2008

Diet

Since school began, it's been busy and cannot do much for my hobbies lately. Only thing I have been able to continue is probably my diet. My diet has been showing progress little by little. I cheat my diet menu quite often, so I guess I have been losing my weight so slow. I need to fix this! A few days ago, we bought chips somehow when we went grocery shopping. I didn't notice A.A. grabbed chips until we got to a cashier. Well, eventually we bought them and we, especially I, have been snacking those. It's not good!!! I love Sun Chips, but I wish I didn't crave. Even those are baked chips, they have calories. I know I wouldn't eat any if we didn't have chips in my sight, so I don't want to buy them, but A.A. wants to snack.. pretty big problem..
I started eating asian salad, which helps my diet. It has lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sliced ham, and sometimes fried eggs. Originally it was "harusame salad." But, I have been eating without harusame since it's out (I tried chinese harusame, but I didn't like it). The dressing with this salad is made of 2 Tbl. soy sauce, 2 Tbl. rice vinegar, 1 Tbl. sesame oil, and 1 Tbl. sugar. And then I add mustard for finishing. When I think it's kind of heavy taste, I reduce the amount of soy sauce and sugar. I believe my skin, especially my face, feels and looks much better because of the rice vinegar.
I want to update my blog and take photos of Sophie and Misha more often. They have been doing great and I think Misha now weights around 90 lb. or more. She is thick and feels like heavier than Sophie.. She needs new collar, probably size 20''.
Day 61:
• Breakfast: cereal with raspberry jam
• Lunch: fried chicken; caesar salad; yogurt
• Dinner: skipped..
Day 62:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: Cabo salad @ Taco del Mar (I tried to check calories, but I couldn't find it online..)
• Dinner: a couple of slices of apple (shared with Sophie & Misha)
Day 63:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: Crab legs salad (so good) @ Murphy's; beer.. (doesn't sound right..)
• Dinner: a couple of slices of apple
Week 9 (!) Feedback:
I lost a pound, so total 14 lb. loss for 9 weeks. I wish I could lose quicker..but, it doesn't happen that way. I was so frustrated last a couple of weeks, because my weight didn't change at all. During the ninth week, it finally moved down a pound. It was only a pound, but still a pound: I'm very happy to see that!!
Day 64:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: a couple of slices of apple & string cheese(shared with Sophie & Misha); yogurt
• Dinner: harusame salad (yummy!)
Day 65: today is FRIDAY.. that means that I have to be careful about what I eat..
• Breakfast: cereal with banana as usual
• Lunch: harusame salad; DQ small butterfinger bllizard (it was very HOT today, and I couldn't say no..)
• Dinner: skipped, but I had beer.. (still HOT at night, you know..)
Day 66:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: tuna salad & Dagger Falls IPA (very tasty beer!) @ Sockeye Grill & Brewery
• Dinner: yogurt
Day 67:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: harusame salad (tried Chinese harusame - didn't like the taste & smell); yogurt
• Dinner: snow cone
Day 68: back to school
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: 6 pieces of baked snacks; yogurt; two pieces of ham
• Dinner: 6 more pieces of chips; snow cone; a few slices of melon
Day 69:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: one piece of chicken strip; yogurt; garden salad with soy & rice vinegar dressing
• Dinner: a couple of slices of apple (shared with Sophie & Misha)
Day 70:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: 11 pieces of Sun Chips; yogurt; garden salad
• Dinner: 6 pieces of chips
Week 10 Feedback:
I lost a pound somehow this week.. so total weight loss is 15 lb. It seems like I crave sugar a lot more than before. Is is because I relatively have low carbs?
Day 71:
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: 11 chips (again..); string cheese
• Dinner: a piece of cheese pizza from Papa Murphy's; yogurt (my favorite brand, Brown Cow)
Day 72: TGIFriday.. already!
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: asian salad; 6 chips; a string cheese (shared with Sophie & Misha); halved dried pineapple
• Dinner: snow cone; 6 chips (again)
Day 73: I really wanted to drink beer.. but I didn't!
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: asian salad; yogurt; a few pieces of Sun Chips
• Dinner: about ⅓ of Häagen-Dazs mago sorbet (somewhere around 200 cal); Sun Chips
Day 74: Sunday..
• Breakfast: cereal with banana
• Lunch: asian salad; yogurt; 11 pieces of Sun Chips
• Dinner: small TCBY raspberry sorbet (probably around 200 cal)