Thursday, July 17, 2008

need a diet recommendation

Question
Hi, I am interested in finding a diet to help me. Here's a bit about me: 26 y/o female, married, no kids, height 5'8", current weight 179 lbs. A year ago I weighed 160, so needless to say, this weight went on sorta fast! I am trying to join the army, and for my height my maximum allowable weight is 149 lbs. But, if you are above that, the maximum body fat allowance is 32%. The last time my recruiter measured me, I was just a little over 32%. We used their computer program to find out how much weight I need to lose to be under 32. I can weigh absolutely no more than 171. So, do you know of any diets that will help me lose around 10 pounds quickly, but safely? And it needs to be weight that stays off, because before I actually leave for boot camp they'll measure me again. Thanks

Answer
Dear Nique,
At first, I hope your dreams come true.
After having read your message, I really felt envy at your thoughts and wanted to help you lose weight quickly.
If you are trying to lose weight, aim to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. If you are able to attain your goal, you would get the excitement to go on your plan. Sometimes it¡¯s little things that count the most when working toward your goals. But as per your status, you should go on a strict diets and work out hardly to lose weight quickly.
The combination of diet and exercise is a faster way to lose weight. Exercise will firm the muscles and diet will help you lose extra weight and flab. But it depends on the person¡¯s body and how strict his diet. A strict diet could make you lose 3kgs in a week.
My experience to lose weight should be fit you as well.So I would like to recommend my suggestions, though these may help you lot:
The available recipes are water and vegetables and fruits and proper sports and a strict partner.
1. The vegetables and fruits include papaya, mealie, kelp, carrot, green cucumber, tomato, apple, pear, banana and so on. Remark, eating different kind of vegetables or fruits each day, you can go on your diet easily and everlastingly.
2. The available sports are Yoga. You know, the people who practice yoga have perfect figure. If you are interesting in it, I could give you some suggestions about yoga practice.
3. A strict partner can support you going on your diet strictly.
4. The foremost austerity is persistence.
Now, I would like to share my experience with you.
First of all, I had a nice partner. We restricted each other going on the diet strictly.
1. Getting up early in the morning, we drank a glass of water before any action. It could help you clean your inside.
2. We had a 20-30 minutes¡¯ quick walk to office instead of bus in the morning. It is available to burn your calories to have a quick walk without eating anything in the morning.
3. After arriving at office and having a rest, we drank a glass of milk and ate 2 pieces of biscuit as our breakfast. Remark, you must have breakfast. If not, you could feel too hungry to go on your diet.
4. Between breakfast and lunch, we drank 3 glasses of water and eat little raw vegetables or fruits. It is available to relieve your hunger. If you still feel hungry, you can eat a piece of sweet. Just only one piece.
5. Before lunch, we drank a bottle of yoghurt. And then we ate a little vegetables or fruits as our lunch. We would eat a few peanut as our lunch too. Remark, it could make you feel full drinking a bottle of yoghurt before each meal. Drinking much water, you eat peanut, feeling full.
6. Between lunch and knocking off, we drank 3 glasses of water and eat little raw vegetables or fruits to relieve our hunger.
7. Knocking off, we had another 20-30 minutes quick walk to home. It is available for weight loss having proper exercises at dusk with hunger.
8. We just drank a little soup or ate a little vegetables or fruits as our supper. Remark, drink one or two glasses of water and don¡¯t eat anything in at least 3 hours before bedtime. You will sleep easier and your body will be re-energizing itself rather than digesting a meal.
My suggestions:
1. Keep a food diary. This is one of the best ways to ¡°interrupt¡± habitual binging and food addictions. After having gone on your diet for 3-4 days, you can feel better and easier to continue. Therefore go on your diet strictly in the first week.
2. Try to achieve your goal of weight loss in 1~2 months. It could make you possess confidence in this field.
3. Have 5 meals instead of 3 meals every day. Chew your food 10-20 times. You feel more full with less food and it aids digestion.
4. Eat more fruits and drink less fruit juice.
5. Don¡¯t drink any carbonated drinks and don¡¯t eat any ice cream during your diet.
6. If you don¡¯t feel hungry, don¡¯t remind you of the time to have a meal.
7. Drink a glass of water before each meal. It will fill you up.
8. Don¡¯t trial too many diet pills, it would cost you more and be dangerous for your body.
9. Exercise first thing in the morning. There is more chance of you putting it off, or something getting in the way if you exercise later on. Attentively, proper sports could perfect your figures, strong sports could strengthen your muscle.
10. If you can¡¯t find a strict partner, you can treat me as your companion, feeling free to tell me how about your diet. It is my honor to interact with you in this field. I would try my best to give you more suggestions and share my experience and accompany you going on the diet. My e-mail address: sallyfancn@yahoo.com.cn,
Weight loss is just an uphill battle. You have got to keep on fighting. You must figure out why you lose the battles you lose and pray like hell you win the war.
O.K. If you still have any questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.
Best wishes,
Sally Fan